Prescription Card – Flatulence / Gas
- Avoid oily foods. Avoid aerated drinks. Avoid smoking and Pan chewing. Avoid overeating. Avoid onions, peas, beans, Dals.
- Cap Bestozyme / Unienzyme 1 bd x 15 (contain digestive enzymes amylase and papain, pepsin, simethicone, fungal diastase) (Syp. Aristozyme and Bestozyme are also available)
- Tab Domperidone 1 tds x before meals (Trade : Domstal)
- Tab Mosapride 5 mg tds ( Trade : Kinetix) OR Tab Itopride (Trade : Ganaton) 50 mg tds (Prokinetic)
- Tab Albendazole 400 mg 1 stat (Deworming)
- A teaspoonful of soda or ENO salt in water after meals. (For symptomatic relief)
- If mucus stools, T. Metronidazole 400 mg tds x 5 (Anti amoebic = Metronidazole/ Tinidazole/ Ornidazole)
- If constipation, Liq. Paraffin 15-30 ml HS (Laxatives)
- Regular Exercises, to improve the tone of abdominal muscles.
- Regular moderate meals. Avoid over eating.
|Other drugs to try
- Gelusil MPS 1 tsp tds (Antacid With MPS)
- Lactobacillus Sachet 1 x bd x 5 days
- Syp. Sorbiline 1 tsp tds (Consists of Sorbitol and Tricholine citrate as active ingredients, Tricholine is component of HDL)
- Syp. Carmicide tsp tds (Citric Acid)
- Kayam churna 1 tsp at bedtime
- Stools (for amoebiasis, Giardiasis, Tapeworms etc.)
- Hb% (for anemia), Blood Sugar
- Ultrasonography – Gallbladder.
- Sigmoidoscopy & Gastroscopy if indicated.
- Abdominal exercises are very useful for chronic flatulence and chronic constipation.
- Eating a little less, than demanded by appetite is very important.